As we get closer to the sunnier months, it’s time to get the calendar out and start planning which car shows to get along to. The clock though, is counting down for showgoers wishing to take advantage of significantly discounted Early Bird tickets for this summer’s spectacular Silverstone Classic (29-31 July).
Silverstone have shared with MotorMartin that last year’s record-breaking Silver Jubilee festival was the greatest yet with more than 100,000 visitors savouring the world’s biggest classic motor racing festival staged at Britain’s premier motor sport venue – and July’s follow-up is all set to be even bigger and even better. MotorMartin will be there reporting on the various events going on throughout the weekend.
Ticket pre-sales are currently every bit as strong as they were 12 months ago with those booking before Friday 1 April saving up to 17 per cent on a wide range of day, weekend and all-new Family tickets, which must be booked in advance. Well worth doing in MotorMartin’s opinion, after all, who turns down the chance of saving money?
Perhaps that’s no surprise with so much family-fun, entertainment and dramatic action already confirmed both on and off the famous Silverstone Grand Prix circuit.
Here are some of the great reasons to book Early Bird tickets for this summer’s special Silverstone Classic:
1. The organisers have worked extremely hard since last years event to make sure that nowhere else in the world will you see so much evocative motor sport history in thrilling action with over 1000 race entries spanning the full spectrum of motor racing history.
2. All tickets provide access to trackside grandstands, race paddocks, live concerts and for 2016 extra grandstand seating and double the number of giant screens have been added.
3. Living up to the festival’s ‘Rocking and Racing’ maxim, live music concerts on Friday and Saturday evenings will include The Boomtown Rats, Reef and The Stranglers.
4. A record number of more than 100 car clubs have already registered for dedicated infield displays.
5. On track highlights include special showdowns to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the mighty Can-Am sportscar race series and Tin-Top Sunday’s unmissable schedule includes no fewer than four races featuring 50 years of epic touring car race history.
6. A host of motoring milestones will be celebrated with notable anniversary track parades on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
7. Special celebrations will mark the 40th anniversary of James Hunt’s astonishing Formula One World Championship success in 1976.
8. Three auctions will take place over the weekend with event partner, Silverstone Auctions. These include a competition car sale on Friday, followed by two car and automobilia sales across Saturday and Sunday.
8. The packed programme of flat-out family fun includes a vintage funfair, an adrenaline zone complete with extreme rides, passenger ride experiences, spitfire engine fire ups, retrorun rally, crazy golf, shopping village, hot rod drag strip demos in the streetcar shootouts, and much much more.
9. Aerial displays will include the Wildcats on Friday & Saturday lunchtime, The Blades on Sunday lunchtime, and Twister Aerobatics’ Twilight Pyrotechnic display on Friday and Saturday nights during the evening concerts.
Confirmed with MotorMartin is the fact that all those booking Early Bird tickets before the end of March can take advantage of significant savings with discounts of up to 17 per cent. Adult prices start at just £35 for a day ticket and with so much to enjoy and experience at the Classic, it’s no surprise that a growing number of visitors are opting for three-day weekend tickets and that the all-new Family ticket introduced this year already is proving to be a very popular addition.
It encourages more parents to experience the non-stop ‘Rocking and Racing’ weekend with their children, including camping for two adults and two children across the whole weekend with a discount of more than 20 per cent on advance tickets bought individually.
Full details of all tickets (which must be purchased in advance) – as well as hospitality packages and weekend festival camping – can be found on the event website at: www.silverstoneclassic.com
As previously stated, MotorMartin will be there, it’s going to be fantastic.
Where will you go?